Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Spent the day visiting with my Aunt Helen (90) and Lloyd (95). They took us out to eat -- I didn't even try to win that argument! Helen has a wonderful music box collection, and played one of her compositions on the organ. Lloyd won the Silver Star in WWII as a tank driver. His unit often spearheaded for Patton's 3rd Army where my dad fought, and after comparing maps, Lloyd and my dad fought within yards of each other at times. Lloyd was having surgery the next day for a cancer area on a forearm, so that was an area for prayer. We laughed a lot during the fun, but short, time with them.

Judy - I really enjoy Mike's aunt and uncle. It amazes us on how well they do. The minds are good and they both still drive. When we going out to eat Mike and I were concerned about his uncle driving at 96 but he was a good driver. It amazes us because our parents all had alzheimer's and were not doing as well in the 80's. It is no wonder Helen has so much spunk. She had to defend herself against 3 older brothers with the oldest being Mike's Dad. We loved their sense of humor and did a lot of laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment